The First meeting of the year for Clubhouse Quilts led by our Laura.. was well attended at the afternoon session. 16 anxious sewist were ready to begin the instructions for "Amaretto Cottage". There is also an evening Clubhouse Quilt meeting.
Laura showed everyone a new technique for creating perfect 1/2 square triangles. As always.. her instruction were clear and precise.
Of course when attending "Clubhouse Quilts" there is always a bit more in the way of learning and fun.
When attending this club you get more than project instructions..
- There is always show and tell.. This month Vicky and Phyllis provided some fantastic eye candy.. when they showed their Thimble Berries quilts.. beautifully quilted. Carla.. showed the completed Clubhouse quilt from last year. and there were more.
- Bonus Bucks.. A ClubHouse exclusive.
- The drawings for attendance prize.
- And the entertainment.. that comes FREE with Laura's classes.
Also this week Brother sent us Michelle.. to inform potential Embroidery Business owners. For many the Embroidery Business can become a full time business.. or an income supplement for families.
If you will be heading in to the store this week-end.. be sure and check out Karen's new quilt.. from a Bali Pop or Jelly Roll. It's right beyond the Professional Embroidery Machines.. on your way to the cutting table. Three hours of sewing.. and it is gorgeous. There is also a sample block.. and any of the sales assistants will give you an across the counter "how to".
- Laura, gave the Clubhouse members this link.. and we wanted to share. It is a site of FREE paper guides (PDF format) for "half square triangles". All sizes. Click here to view the site You will also find some helpful information at this site regarding paper piecing. Check it out..
- Early this week we announced the FREE Vintage embroidery PES files.. for Days of the Week Towels. These files were created for our customers using PE Design NEXT. The original subject matter was obtained through the Internet. If you are interested in doing some PES file creation using Vintage Embroidery Designs.. check out these links. Vintage Embroidery this site has paper patterns and you can send for them. The average cost is 7.99 per set. OR you might want to try.. TipNut embroidery You can print these patterns from the Internet. This is a fun "days of the week" and would make a classic PES series.
- THE POTATO BAG... We have awesome fabric for this on line tutorial.
We hope you have a sew-filled week-end.
Reasons to visit Heyde
- Be sure to check out Karen's Quilt.
- We still have a selection of 40% off fabric.
- Have you seen the increased selection of Sulky Blendables?
- Bring your stick for.. the KISS.. and Vintage Embroidery FREE.